This is a brief NOAH survey designed to give us some feedback and have some discussion on development and change in East Boston. It is a supplement to other surveys and is not meant to replace the work others are undertaking to help East Boston.
Please take a few minutes to fill this out. We very much appreciate your assistance. There will be an assortment of food and restaurant related prizes for ten respondents drawn by lottery. Answers need to be recorded by Tuesday, December 10th. The drawing will be held at NOAH’s Annual Dinner on December 12th at Spinellis.
Some statistics: In 2010, there were 40,508 residents in East Boston, up 5.5% from 2000. The City went up 4.4%. In 2011, 15% of East Boston’s 15,584 total housing units, or 2,435 units were affordable. The citywide average is 19.4% affordable. The owner occupancy rate in East Boston for single family, two families and three families is 61.9% versus the citywide average of 63.5%. The median apartment for rent in 2011 was $1,350 versus the citywide average of $2,000. In the latest survey in 2009, the median East Boston household income was $43,511 versus a citywide average of $52,433. Density per square mile was 8,619 persons per square mile versus a citywide average of 12,915 per square mile.
Click here to fill out the survey.